1) Become a highly-concerned observer
2) If your mouth is open, you are not learning
3) Challenge your assumptions
4) Listen to your peers
5) Help your boss raise their status
6) Create a business plan for every assignment
7) Direct your availability up, down, and sideways
8) Be aware of others’ feelings and goals
9) Know the names and responsibilities of your peers
10) Ask for help and show your appreciation
11) Do not try to impress others with your past
12) Keep to your word
13) Become part of your team first before you become a leader
14) Arrive early and stay late.
27 years ago, the CEO of American Airlines gave me this. This will stay with me forever, and I am sure with my mission to provide jobs to a million Pakistanis this will come in very handy for them.